THE-WORKS  2003

THE-WORKS 2003

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Before Sunrise, I Consider...replies (addenda!)

Bob Cooper <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:28:19 +0000

text/plain

Hi Colin (in particular),
I'm sorry I forgot to mention yesterday your comment about a title that
flows into the first line of the poem. (You queried why I'd done it...)
I don't do it too often and I've been wondering, between your post and my
reply, why I did it here (then forgot to mention it - sorry!).
I'm not sure why i did it. It seemed the natural thing to do. Perhaps it was
trying to get the poem to "hit the ground running" and make it feel fast
before it even started.
Now I'm hoping to find some spare silent time to sit and think through how
the poem's starting I'll be reconsidering what I've done. I may change it
and use a seperable, non run-on, title. I'll have to wait and see.
The most fun one I think I've come across goes something like "THE THING I
DON'T MISS ABOUT YOU WHEN YOU'VE GONE IS" (as the title) and then the first
line begins with: "your socks." (and the line continues...).
I wanted my first line to keep it's autonomy as a line - and have a title
that seemed to work as a title as well.
I'll see what happens when I start playing with it again.
Bob