THE-WORKS  2003

THE-WORKS 2003

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re Re: new submission: Before the Storm(Bob)

Philip Burton <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:45:23 +0000

text/plain

Thanks for your deep and ssensitive thoughts, Bob. Yes, plausibility is
stretched in my poem (and my interpretation of it). I think that poetry can
enter such realms (One thinks of Nonsense verse, and Metaphysical poets) -
never thought I'd include these in the same parenthesis! - but at the end of
the day the reader has to be drawn to suspend disbelief, perhaps by adhering
the poem to a style or school of poetry, and that I have not done. I am
delighted that you have come on an imaginative journey with me, but I
apologise for requiring the reader to jump into misted corners of conjecture
and supposition without my laying the appropriate groundwork. Still, it has
led to mighty interesting areas and I'll put my thinking cap on as to where
it might lead in terms of my poesy. Philip