Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Revelation of the smart chair

Colin dewar <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:53:51 -0000

text/plain

Terri,

I agree with the first two paragraphs. No quibbles there. The theorists and
their positions are nicely tallied.

As for the third, hmmmm, perhaps. But I could be a language programme inside
a computer, with no conscious existence of my own, responding to your
sentences. All of the people on the list might be too. No doubt such
programming might once have required embodiment but once completed it could
continue according to certain rules.

As for the logo, "a heavenly body". Heaven forbid that you are mooning, and
flattering yourself in the process. Here was me thinking that it was a
mouth, like mine, stuck in the open position. (Certainly not worse than
mine).

Colin