COG-SCI-REL-L  2003

COG-SCI-REL-L 2003

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: COG-SCI-REL-L Digest - 31 Mar 2003 to 1 May 2003 (#2003-7)

Miguel Farias <[log in to unmask]>

Cognitive science of religion list <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 May 2003 02:14:03 +0100

text/plain

I was a bit puzzled by this email, as the 3 paragraphs below do not
even mention the book that is under review. I was even more amazed
when I followed the link and read the whole thing: it is an impressive
erratic exercise in which we learn something about Colleridge's opium
taking habits but almost nothing about Shanon's book.

Anyway, let us forget this pseudo-review and focus on the merits of Benny
Shanon's work on Ayahuasca, which certainly deserves our good attention.

Miguel Farias

------
Jesus College, Oxford