VOICE April 2002

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Voice/Movement Workshop

"Dal vera, Rocco (DALVERR)" <[log in to unmask]>

Dal vera, Rocco (DALVERR)

Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:05:10 -0400

text/plain

(Some of you may have received this message earlier in a personal note from
me. I apologise for any duplication. - Rocco Dal Vera)

--------------

I'm writing you about Voice: Onstage and Off, the voice and speech textbook
written by Robert Barton and myself. The book has enjoyed wide success and
has been adopted as a primary textbook by a number of programs in the United
States and abroad. Unfortunately, over the last couple of years our original
publisher, Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, went through a number of corporate
restructurings (changing from HBJ to HB to just H, and finally even the H
disappeared when it was bought by Thompson Learning). At each stage, it
seemed that when folks would call in to order copies they would be told that
our book was out of print. This was never true, but a lot of departments
just gave up on it after a while. Who can blame them?

However.... I'm pleased to say that it seems that we now have those problems
all straightened out. We now have a fresh commitment to the text, and a new
ISBN. So, if you have used the book in the past and would like to do so
again, or have never gotten a copy and would like to have a look, now is
your big chance! You can call Thompson Learning Custom Publishing at
800-355-9983 to order copies or to receive a free, no-obligation
desk/perusal copy.

The new citation for the book (please note the new ISBN) is: "Voice: Onstage
and Off", by Robert Barton and Rocco Dal Vera (Thompson Learning Custom
Publishing: Cincinnati, OH, 1995) 348 pages, with audio cassette, ISBN
0155130099.

If you plan to use the book for classes in the next school year, please
encourage your bookstore to place their orders early. This publisher has the
practice of keeping a very small stock, and printing only on demand, so
delays are possible if you don't order early. In fact they have asked me to
try to give them some estimate of the number required for the fall term. So,
if you are going to use the book, please reply to me (at
[log in to unmask]) with an estimate of your enrollment and I'll pass that
on right away. (Please note that telling me this is not the same as placing
an actual order, but enables us to track the demand better.)

Robert and I apologize for all the confusion. Thank you for your patience.

-rocco

~ Rocco Dal Vera, Associate Professor   OFFICE: 513-556-1981
~ University of Cincinnati                      FAX: 513-556-3399
~ College-Conservatory of Music         HOME: 513-389-0728
~ OMDA/Drama                            EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
~ Corbett Center for the Performing Arts

~ Room 3713 Corbett Drive
~ PO Box 210003

~ Cincinnati, OH 45221-0003