Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Thanks

Rod Walker <[log in to unmask]>

Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:25:44 +0100

text/plain

Hi,
Both subnets are in the same domain, but they each have a dhcp server( I
think they have to as dhcp is confined to a subnet (or?).
We made some progress on this by editing the dhcpd.conf on the 216
subnet, to look a little like the one on ranger. i.e. the following
lines:-

next-server 155.198.211.89;
option root-path "/ir62";
option option-151 "http://ranger";

The next-server line ensures that ranger(LCFG machine) disk is nfs
mounted rather than the disk on the 216 dhcp server.
LCFG fails for some other reason now, probably specific to the IBM setup
so we`ll wait for the cavalry to get back from the sysadmin camp.

Cheers,
Rod.