Date comments

Ann Chapman <[log in to unmask]>

Dublin Core Libraries Application Profile <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:37:18 +0100

text/plain

Re the Date element.

Element refinements
Date.Accepted
Date.Captured
Date.Copyright
Date.Submitted
AC. Support these proposals; no changes suggested.

Encoding schemes for Date element
Prefer ISO 8601if encoded and free text otherwise

Ambiguity, approximation, unknowns
Thanks Eric for a clear presentation of the issues here. Presentation in
free text with a syntax based on a blend of AACR2 and MARC21 for DC Lib
seems a good one to go with.

Ann Chapman