Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: The Return Of The Teesmonster

Bob Cooper <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:42:00 +0000

text/plain

Yes Grasshopper,
Thanks! I'm with you all the way in what you're saying.
On the Tees we have our Worm (the Sockburn Worm) but I sense this monster's
coming in from the sea (a kind of Godzilla image, or the Loch Ness monster
on holiday). What's said in the triple "fuck" statements may go back to
"fuck you, fuck this, fuck that" - which is how it lingered well after the
original draft... the imposition of "kindness" into the piece somehow isn't
working well enough. Maybe such extras are a bit like additions to houses,
others can always see and point to the join!
I recognise as well that the Worms in NE myths could (all) talk! So I'm glad
this one's a mere monster (and a monster that never got as far as the Sunday
Sport!)
And, yeh, I find, as you've just said elsewhere, the actual act of posting a
piece prompts different perspectives to start to emerge.
Bob