Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: New sub: For the fallen

grasshopper <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:48:25 +0100

text/plain

Dear Bob,
           I saw the scenes beamed out on tv as they happened, and there are
images I won't forget. No, I don't want to see the people falling again- it
has haunted me ever since.
          Once someone told me that the thought of certain types of death
made more impression on us because we have experienced them in past lives
.That made sense to me,-I wrote a poem about it, oh yes. I have a recurring
image of falling in very bright sunlight past a rough stone wall.
            Seeing someone fall makes my stomach lurch. Did you see that
film with Sylvester Stallone with an extended opening scene. where a girl
falls on a mountain-climb? The first time I saw that, I shook like jelly on
a spin-drier.
Kind regards,
  grasshopper