NLM Technical Bulletin Jan/Feb 2002

"McLean, Fiona" <[log in to unmask]>

McLean, Fiona

Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:27:04 -0000

text/plain

Apologies for crossposting

I attach my colleague's summary of the latest completed US National Library
of Medicine's Technical Bulletin
(http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/techbull/jf02/jf02_issue_cover.html).

Personally, I have been particularly interested in the new systematic review
filter in PubMed's Clinical Queries (on the left blue sidebar),although of
course its broader than the stricter interpretation some of us might use.
Please note that the PubMed tutorial and training manual havent been updated
with recent changes like this. The cluster of help/faq/new options at the
top of PubMed's left sidebar continue to be the most current sources of
information.

The Library Association has started running some courses on Medline with
Tony McCulloch from BL as the trainer- contact them direct for details.

Fiona McLean, British Library

BL page about Medline and other NLM databases:
http://www.bl.uk/services/information/blmedline.html

legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you
are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify
the [log in to unmask] : The contents of this e-mail must not be
disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of
the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British
Library. The British Library does not take any responsibility for
the views of the author.