ENGLIT-VICTORIAN  2002

ENGLIT-VICTORIAN 2002

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Fwd: VICTORIA Digest - 22 Oct 2002 to 23 Oct 2002 (#2002-292)

Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:54:36 +0100

text/plain

----- Forwarded message from Automatic digest processor
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:00:26 -0500
From: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: VICTORIA Digest - 22 Oct 2002 to 23 Oct 2002 (#2002-292)
To: Recipients of VICTORIA digests <[log in to unmask]>

Topics of the day:

  1. the Rossettis and 'higgledy piggledy' tea
  2. libel and slander?
  3. Jekyll & Hyde and Science
  4. call for papers: John Keble in Context
  5. Pre-Raphaelites and Darwinism (3)
  6. 'tailor-fashion' (11)
  7. Trollope (6)
  8. The British Empire (4)

Date:    Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:21:00 +0100
From:    Albert Purbrick <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: the Rossettis and 'higgledy piggledy' tea

More than tea was higgledy-piggledy in the Morris household; the poet,
womaniser
and
horse-breeder Wilfrid Scawen Blunt had an affair with Jane Morris. Women seemed
find him irresistible.

Albert Purbrick
e-mail: [log in to unmask]