VICTORIA Digest - 29 Sep 2002 to 30 Sep 2002 (#2002-269) (fwd)

Jane Ennis <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:18:50 +0100

text/plain

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 01 October 2002 00:00 -0500
From: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
To: Recipients of VICTORIA digests <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: VICTORIA Digest - 29 Sep 2002 to 30 Sep 2002 (#2002-269)

Topics of the day:

  1. The Asylum and Mental Illness (10)
  2. new etext - Sinks of London, 1848 (2)
  3. usage of "Tribade" vs. "Lesbian" (4)
  4. stanley berkeley
  5. Nineteenth-Century Art Worldwide
  6. Wilde and Arthur Henry Cooper-Prichard

Date:    Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:47:36 -0400
From:    Jennifer Laraia <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: The Asylum and Mental Illness

Dear Victorian scholars,

I am an undergraduate student doing research on the role of the asylum
in Victorian literature.  I am looking at how the asylum is similar or
different to the domestic sphere, as well as its role in containing
women.  I am looking for literary texts from the Victorian era, and also
for relevant critical works.

Thanks for your help!

Jenn Laraia
Undergraduate, Bowdoin College