VICTORIA Digest - 11 May 2002 to 12 May 2002 (#2002-133) (fwd)

Jane Ennis <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 13 May 2002 17:49:28 +0100

text/plain

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 13 May 2002 00:00 -0500
From: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
To: Recipients of VICTORIA digests <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: VICTORIA Digest - 11 May 2002 to 12 May 2002 (#2002-133)

Topics of the day:

  1. detective/sensation servants
  2. Victorian Legislation (3)
  3. Police work (3)
  4. Frances Trollope (3)
  5. UPDATE: WOMEN'S POETRY AND THE FIN DE SIECLE (1875-1914)
  6. music in schools

Date:    Sun, 12 May 2002 09:38:11 +0100
From:    Chris Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: detective/sensation servants

Hi!

Patrizia wrote:
> yes, Frances Hodgson Burnett's The Making of a
> Marchioness is reprinted along with its sequel, The Methods of Lady
> Walderhurst.

Details are on the persephone website - www.persephonebooks.co.uk

All the best
Chris
Chris Willis - London Guildhall University
http://www.chriswillis.freeserve.co.uk/

"A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the
Titanic."