VICTORIA Digest - 12 Mar 2002 to 13 Mar 2002 (#2002-73) (fwd)

Jane Ennis <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:46:38 -0000

text/plain

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 14 March 2002 00:00 -0500
From: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
To: Recipients of VICTORIA digests <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: VICTORIA Digest - 12 Mar 2002 to 13 Mar 2002 (#2002-73)

Topics of the day:

  1. Telscopic Philanthropy
  2. Environment and the Poor (3)
  3. MARY BARTON Query: "raw-head-and-bloody-bones picture" (6)
  4. Introduction
  5. biographical information
  6. Mohawks (3)
  7. Last Victorian war is focus of new historical novel.
  8. 19th c. Caribbean
  9. Mohawks -- "Mohocks."
 10. Hayward
 11. Thomas Bewick

Date:    Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:38:07 -0500
From:    zeta mcdonald <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Telscopic Philanthropy

Hi All

Can anyone suggest Victorian sources that deal the concept of telescopic
philanthropy? I have already delved into Bleak House and Dickens's portrait
of Mrs Jellyby as the ultimate literary example.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Zeta McDonald