VICTORIA Digest - 12 Dec 2002 to 13 Dec 2002 (#2002-342) (fwd)

Jane Ennis <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:31:09 -0000

text/plain

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 14 December 2002 00:00 -0500
From: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
To: Recipients of VICTORIA digests <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: VICTORIA Digest - 12 Dec 2002 to 13 Dec 2002 (#2002-342)

Topics of the day:

  1. women and performance (9)
  2. ILN (3)
  3. mobile Victorians with unknowable pasts
  4. library books (2)
  5. Nathaniel Hawthorne
  6. Palmerston conference, Southampton, July 2003
  7. Christmas anthology? (2)

Date:    Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:05:19 -0500
From:    Maria H Frawley <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: women and performance

Knowing that final paper season is a time when we all like to turn our
attention elsewhere, I write to solicit some ideas on behalf of a graduate
student here. She is interested in developing a speciality exam list
organized around 19th c. women's texts that give attention to performative
female accomplishments and artistry (poetry, music, and dance in
particular). She's also interested in representations of women writers and
their creative processes. All ideas for possible readings are welcome--and
thanks in advance! (I'll be sure to suggest that she skim through VICTORIA
archives for relevant subject headings too). Maria Frawley, Univ. of
Delaware