Fw: The ukonline interface

Sarah Carter <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:16:19 +0100

text/plain

This is the reply I got to my message to the editor of ukonline

It's fair enough to send the same message to all enquirers (mine is slightly
different).  I think we should still press him on particular detail.

I feel that it is pointless to lobby for retaining open.gov.uk - as he says,
they will not pay for two services.  However, I think we can press for
improvements to the section of ukonline that we use.  I noted in particular
Leonard Will's contribution to this discussion, (mainly about the interface)
and hope he has sent his comments to the editor.  On substantive material, I
think we need to press for some reassurance that we will have What's New
information of the same kind as we are used to.  Perhaps we will have to get
used to calling it "hot news" (sigh).  I hope we will be able to convince
them that "Choose a headline to see the full story" is an inappropriate way
of describing getting into a departmental website
Sarah
Sarah Carter, Law Librarian
Templeman Library, University of Kent
Canterbury, CT2 7NU, UK
Tel:  +44 (0)1227 823111
Fax:  +44 (0)1227 823984
LAWLINKS - legal information on the internet
http://www.ukc.ac.uk/library/lawlinks/