BALLADS  2001

BALLADS 2001

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: WSES ACOU NEWS LETTER (for ACOUSTICS, MUSIC, COMPUTER MUSIC, MUSIC INFORMATICS, MATHEMATICAL MUSIC, SIGNAL PROCESSING), LEARN DETAILS AT THE END OF THIS MESSAGE (fwd)

Stephen Miller <[log in to unmask]>

News and discussion relevant to the study of popular / folk / traditional b <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 May 2001 18:58:56 +0100

text/plain

My advice is to avoid this lot like the plague: once you are on their
emailing list (and they add you to others without you requesting it) you
will never ever get off them without a lot of hassle.

Stephen Miller

At 08:56 10/05/01 -0700, you wrote:
>This just came across my desk.  It may interest this list.  I so, please do
>not respond to me but to the conference organizers directly.
>______________________________________
>
>In this issue, learn:
>1) INVITATION TO ALL THE MEMBERS OF OUR LIST!
>2) HOW TO SEND US A NEW FACULTY POSITION RELATED TO ACOUSTICS, MUSIC,
>COMPUTER MUSIC, MUSIC INFORMATICS, MATHEMATICAL MUSIC, SIGNAL PROCESSING
>(see below)
>
>                     * * * * *
>

>1) INVITATION TO ALL THE MEMBERS OF OUR LIST!
>I have the honor to invite each of you to submit an Invited Paper
>in the 2nd WSES INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ACOUSTICS AND MUSIC: THEORY AND
>APPLICATIONS
>http://www.worldses.org/wses/conferences/skiathos/amta
>
>that will take place in the exquisit, fascinating and historic island of
>Skiathos
>(Greece),
>in September 26-30, 2001 (after Florida and Jamaica in previous years)
>(SEE DETAILS BELOW)
>
>Prolongation of deadline: JUNE 30, 2001, but we can inform you the
>recommendation of the reviewers 30 days after your submission!
>
>Also, if you would like, we could send an official letter to you
>(via regular mail) in order to find possible financial support
>for your trip from your department (as Invited Lecturer)
>
>You will be mentioned in the Proceedings as Invited Lecturer.
>
>Also, if you want to organize a Session, -ATTENTION: in this case your name
>will be
>mentioned in the proceedings as Associate Editor-, please, collect and
>review at
>least 8-10 papers and then send them to us.
>
>Of course, you could send me now the title of your paper
>
>During the Conference Official Dinner, a small festival / concert will
>take place. Those participants that want to participate - presenting
>their work/composition - must send a message to:
>
>Regards
>
>K.Papanikolaou on behalf of the Chair of the Organ.Committee
>Here is the complete announcement:
>
>CALL FOR PAPERS
>---------------
>2nd WSES International Conference (AMTA'01)
>
>"ACOUSTICS and MUSIC: THEORY AND APPLICATIONS"
>
>Koukounaries, Skiathos Island,
>Greece, September 26-30, 2001
>
>Prolongation of deadline: JUNE 30, 2001, but we can inform you the
>recommendation of the reviewers 30 days after your submission!
>
>Sponsored by: The World Scientific and Engineering Society (WSES)
>-- Sector of Acoustics and Music, Sector of Oceanic Engineering and
>Technical Committee of Signal Processing
>
>http://www.worldses.org/wses/conferences/skiathos/amta/
>
><Please, if you have a friend interested
>in Acoustics -- including Signal Processing --,
>Music, Computer Music, Music Informatics, Mathematical Music, please,
>forward this message>
>
>ALL THE ACCEPTED PAPERS will be published:
> [...]

   Stephen Miller
   Faculty Office
   Faculty of Social Sciences
   University of Glasgow
   Glasgow G12 8RT      0141 339 8855 extn 0223 (ansaphone)
   http://www.gla.ac.uk/socialsciences