JiscMail Logo

Help for HISTORY-OF-COMPUTING-UK Archives

HISTORY-OF-COMPUTING-UK Archives

HISTORY-OF-COMPUTING-UK Archives

HISTORY-OF-COMPUTING-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

HISTORY-OF-COMPUTING-UK Home

HISTORY-OF-COMPUTING-UK Home

HISTORY-OF-COMPUTING-UK  March 2000

HISTORY-OF-COMPUTING-UK March 2000

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Encyclopedia - History of Computing

"Raul Rojas" <[log in to unmask]>

Raul Rojas

Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:33:05 +0100

text/plain

Authors for Encyclopedia

The "Encyclopedia of Computers and Computer History" will appear
in January 2001 in the US.   Containing circa 600 keywords, this work
deals with many concepts from the world of computing, introducing them
at a tutorial level and making reference to their history. More than 420
keywords have already been written and we are looking for authors for
the rest of the keywords. The list of entries still free is attached at the
end of this e-mail.

We are looking for *good writers* capable of explaining in simple terms
the concepts we have selected. The entries will be indexed and although
there are 600 main entries, the final number of important concepts will
be much higher. Since we don't want to have many editorial changes,
we are looking mainly for native speakers of English or non-native
speakers with excellent knowledge of English.