JiscMail Logo

Help for WEB-ASSISTED-ASSESSMENT Archives

WEB-ASSISTED-ASSESSMENT Archives

WEB-ASSISTED-ASSESSMENT Archives

WEB-ASSISTED-ASSESSMENT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

WEB-ASSISTED-ASSESSMENT Home

WEB-ASSISTED-ASSESSMENT Home

WEB-ASSISTED-ASSESSMENT  2000

WEB-ASSISTED-ASSESSMENT 2000

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: Virtual Seminars at the OU

Alan Cummings <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:02:10 +0100

text/plain

Hi Christine

I would dearly love to attend these events, but I work in the FE system and
as I have had my once in four yearly staff development - a visit to BERA -
there is no chance that I would be so lucky.

Perhaps if papers / discussion groups could be (are?) formed I may be able
to participate in these?

Many thanks for your reply.

At 09:39 26/09/00 +0100, you wrote:
> [...]

>critically and deeply. It should also be of interest to a number of other
>individuals in HEIs and other institutions (schools, Further Education (FE)
>colleges, businesses, and government agencies) where there is a concern with
>education and training. As well as teaching staff, we have in mind managers
>and administrators, library staff and other support staff, for example,
>staff concerned with computing, networking and course design and delivery.
>
>Time commitment from participants
>8 hours per week
>
>Fee
>The cost, including a copy of the book associated with the virtual seminar,
>will be £120 per person, less 10% discount if you book more than one place
>on this or any of our other seminars or workshops.
>
>Seminar presenters
>Steve Ryan is Head of the Centre for Educational Technology and Development
>(CETD), Department of Learning Technologies at De Montfort University
>Leicester, UK. Steve is particularly interested in the application of CIT to
>education and training. Steve has been responsible for the development of a
>number of open and distance learning packages and is currently developing
>Internet based courses, running workshops and researching conferencing
>systems.
>
>Bernard Scott is a Senior Lecturer De Montfort University's CETD. During the
>1970's Bernard worked with Gordon Pask studying styles and strategies of
>learning and helped develop conversation theory as a framework for
>understanding learning and teaching. His research interests include theories
>of learning and teaching, knowledge and task analysis, learning styles and
>strategies and reading skills.
>
>Howard Freeman is a Senior Lecturer in educational media in the CETD at De
>Montfort University.  Current interests include research and development in
>the use of concept mapping software (Conceptmapper, Webmapper) as part of
>the analysis, specification and delivery of multimedia, network and
>WWW-based learning materials.
>
>Daxa Patel developed De Montfort University's first IT in Teaching and
>Learning Strategy in 1994. Since then she has been responsible for a number
>of major research and development initiatives in this area. She has been
>involved in several national (TLTP) and European projects related to the use
>of CIT for resource based learning. Her work in the last two years has
>focussed on a major review of University processes. Her research interests
>include the impact of CIT on the teaching and learning process,
>re-engineering and the management of change in HE.
>
>To book a place
>Please contact Brenda Parish: Email: [log in to unmask]
><mailto:[log in to unmask]>  or Tel: 01908 653055.
>

>Christine Wellard

>This email server is running an evaluation copy of the MailShield anti-
>spam software. Please contact your email administrator if you have any

Best Wishes

Alan Cummings M.Sc B.Ed Cert.Ed
Lecturer
Newcastle College