JiscMail Logo

Help for SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH-HEALING Archives

SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH-HEALING Archives

SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH-HEALING Archives

SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH-HEALING@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH-HEALING Home

SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH-HEALING Home

SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH-HEALING  2000

SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH-HEALING 2000

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: Re Brian Seaward,

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:53:24 EDT

text/plain

Dear Andre -- In the 90's, Dr. Seaward was a professor of health education at
the American University in Washington, D.C.  He decided to make a life
change, gave up his teaching position and the big city rat race in D.C. and
moved to Colorado.  He currently has a part-time teaching appointment at one
of the colleges in Colorado, and spends the rest of his time writing books,
doing some speaking engagements, and some wellness program consultations for
corporations and noprofit institutions nationwide.

He has a number of books under his belt.  He has written a textbook on stress
management which has been widely used to teach many students in health
professions across the country.  Sorry, but off the top of my head, I'm not
very good at remembering the exact title of this book. I believe one of his
other book titles for lay people was "Stand Like Mountain, Flow Like Water"
-- which received an excellent, unsolicited endorsement by Joan Lunden in
Good Housekeeping magazine just a few years ago.  His most recent book
signing and speaking tour was last summer, for a book called "Stressed is
Desserts Spelled Backwards."  He also wrote a book called "Table for Two,
Please".  You might want to check with your local bookstore or check on-line
about getting a copy of his books (e.g., bn.com) -- or if you are seriously
interested in engaging him as a speaker, email him and he may be able to send
you an author copy.

I have heard Dr. Seaward speak on several occasions and he has a very
unpretentious, likeable and natural demeanor.  His presentations provide
solid information in an interesting format.  For many years, he has been a
repeatedly invited speaker at the National Wellness Association annual
conference in Stevens Point, Wisconsin.  He is speaking there again at that
conference in July.

I first met him about 10 years ago at a Wellness In the Workplace Conference
in Baltimore, Maryland where he gave a presentation on spirituality in the
workplace and have enjoyed a professional friendship with him ever since, due
to our mutual interest in spiritual wellness.

I'm not sure what you mean about whether or not he is "New Age."  I'm a
Quaker myself, and "New Age" is a category which is so broad and nebulous,
I'm never sure exactly what any given individual means when the term is
bandied about.  I don't know what denomination Dr. Seaward identifies himself
with, although I know he is not a Christian fundamentalist, nor does he have
any degrees in theology.  He has done extensive wellness program consulting
work with a Catholic Hospital Association in Indiana, although he is not
Catholic.  When he deals with spiritual issues in his presentations, his
references are general and not tied to any particular religious denomination.
 You really should speak with him directly to get a better sense of the way
his presentation style matches or could be specially tailored to your
anticipated audience's needs.

Hope this helps!

Andrea Frank