Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: "normative" vs "decentered"

Donna Wallace <[log in to unmask]>

Forum for the discussion of gender related to the study and practice of religion <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:58:08 -0800

text/plain

I have recently read a book that might be of interest to this discussion.
The book is Feminism is for Everybody by Bell Hooks.  The book is brief and
written for a general audience.  The book covers the beginning of the
feminist movement, which was contoured by working class women.  I would
recommend this book for anyone who is too young to remember the history and
also as a text for college classes.  I have bought the book for my nineteen
year old daughter who sees no value in being a feminist.  The publisher is
South End Press, 2000.

Donna