JOB OPPORTUNITY IN SYDNEY

John Cucka <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:24:23 +1000

text/plain

Apologies for cross-posting

Note: This position is similar to one advertised last April/May, but is a
new position, the other having been filled.
---------

JOB OPPORTUNITY IN SYDNEY

The Leading Edge Market Research Consultants have an open position for a
Statistical Analyst and Research Methodologist within their Advanced
Quantitative Techniques team.

THE COMPANY
The Leading Edge (TLE) broke the market research mould in 1990 and we
continue to evolve, innovate, and lead the industry in many ways. We are one
of the largest independently owned research consultancies in Australia and
New Zealand. With 40 staff focused on strategic market research and advanced
techniques our revenue for 1999/2000 was approximately $14 million - and yet
another year with 40% growth.

Our original mission remains true in that we strive to be the best marketing
consultants working in the market research industry; our primary goal is to
make our clients fly. To accomplish this, we aim to have the best
researchers and strategists in-house.

Our success has been achieved through a focus on and delivery of our
promise. We love tough strategic problems and thrive on challenge. We always
integrate marketing thinking into every facet of our research to ensure
inspirational solutions to strategic management and business challenges.

Our relationship client list contains some of the biggest names in financial
services, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, information technology,
telecommunications, and many other categories.

THE POSITION
The successful candidate will work within the Advanced Quantitative
Techniques (AQT) team of TLE.

AQT supports internal and external clients in the design and implementation
of research involving advanced quantitative methods. AQT has three primary
responsibilities, each of which every member of AQT strives to fulfil on a
daily basis:

Support quantitative research projects. Activities include:
	Consult with clients and staff on research design and methodology
	Execute appropriate multi-variate and related analyses
	Communicate findings orally and/or in writing

Support internal research staff in their efforts to conduct serious
quantitative research. Activities include:
	Introduce new (better) research methods
	Train efficient use of the software tools currently available
	Discover and develop better software tools for performing analyses
(more efficient, easier to use, more informative, etc.)

Be at the leading edge of quantitative research. Activities include:
	Develop new methodologies and analysis techniques, as necessary
	Stay up-to-date on the latest topics and techniques
	Adapt methods for our clients' best interests, as appropriate
	Publish articles and present at forums the advances in research
methods and analytic techniques developed at TLE

It is expected that the successful candidate will spend the vast majority of
their time providing quantitative project support. Time may be spent doing
R&D for research techniques and training internal staff on software and
research techniques in proportions appropriate to experience and abilities.

THE QUALIFICATIONS
The Leading Edge offers a fun, energetic environment with a professional
focus on creativity and high quality. The successful candidate will embody
these values as well as being intelligent, numerate, enthusiastic,
adaptable, friendly, a good communicator, a quick learner, and exhibit
strong attention to detail.

The ideal candidate will have a degree in a relevant field (eg - Statistics
or research-related) AND have several years experience with quantitative
solutions in a market research environment.

Candidates must have strong fundamental understanding of basic statistical
concepts and techniques (eg - probability theory, univariate distribution
measures, t-tests, correlations, data types), and solid experience with
advanced statistical techniques used in research (eg - factor analysis,
MDS/mapping, segmentation, discriminant analysis). The ideal candidate will
also demonstrate at least some experience with one or more advanced
modelling techniques, such as conjoint analysis, choice modelling, BPTO,
mixed models, latent-class models, and econometric modelling.

Computer skills, including experience with a Windows environment and the
Microsoft Office suite, are essential. Also, experience with statistical
software, such as SPSS and SAS, is crucial. Visual programming experience,
such as VB, VBE, Delphi, or Visual C, considered a strong advantage.

As the position will involve a great deal of client consulting, both
externally and internally, the successful candidate must read and write
fluent English and exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.

OTHER DETAILS
This is a full-time, permanent position. TLE will offer relocation and/or
visa sponsorship to the right candidate.

Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.

Candidates will be expected to furnish referees on request.

CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send CV to Donna McCade at:

Email - [log in to unmask]
Fax - +61.2.9360.7799